Sunday 15 March 2015

                                                      Creedy lakes





right hand  bank creedy lake
                 Welcome back to another blog this time I will be bring you a blog from a local lake called creedy in Devon which is a heavily stocked carp lake .It was about 10:30am on Wednesday the 4th of march 2015 the forecast was for a bright sunny day but a bit warmer than it had been how wrong were the forecasters again. It was a very cloudy over cast day with very little sun and a very strong ice cold eastly wind blowing across the lake .Creedy had not been open for long as it closes every year between the 1st of January until the 1 day of march but already on the first 3 days after opening already a couple of 20s had been caught and a few mid doubles I was buzzing and couldn't wait to get the rods out it had been about 4 years since I last fished creedy I could not  wait .We entered the car park paid for our day ticket loaded the barrow and we were through the gate the strong wind was blowing from the right hand bank up towards the boat house swim so with  the wind being so cold we decided to set up on the 2rd and 3rd peg on the right hand bank which was on the back of the wind  there were a couple more fishing the top of the right hand bank and into the waterfall so that was the reason we decided to fish here. I set the shelter up and unloaded the gear from the barrow into the shelter befor setting up anything else I mixed up half a kg of pellet half  kg of frozen corn and about 45 chopped duo boilies and fed a large bed of bait on a spot in front of me at about 12 meters or so this was the only spot I was going to feed at the other rod  was going to be  fished as a mobile approach and cast it around different areas of the swim and look for moving fish with a pva mesh bag. So with the one spot fed it was time to set the pod up and sort the rods out and get them on the spots . I was now going to set the rod up I was fishing a 1.5ft length off rig tubing on a lead safety clip with both the rods on a 1.5oz pear lead with the area I had fed I was going to fish a combi rig with 4 inches of floro carbon with a 3 inch length of supple braid a size 10 subzonal animal hook which is the strongest I have seen and I was using a short hair  with a 14mm duo glugged pop up form cv tackle and bait this rod was cast on the baited area without a mesh bag just a pva foam nugget to cover the hook when it settles. On the second rod was just a simple hair rig also on a 16mm tuttii fruity white boilie again from Ian at cv tackle and bait with a few crushed bottom baits and a few drops of tuttii fruity bait glug in a pva mesh bag this rod was cast to open water in front of me with both rods out it was time to sort the gear out tidy the shelter and have a cuppa oh time to chill and read a few more pages on the kindle I was reading Dave lanes carp book chasing dreams .
11lb+ common caught on a cv tackle tutti fruity bottom bait
3:30PM I had a few liners over the last couple hrs.' I had not been feeding much just refreshing the baits and casting out small pva mesh bags . after recasting new bait on different spots at about 5:45 it was starting to get dark so the rods were back out and I went and had a chat with my mate as soon as I got to his swim his  alarm screamed a one toner and at last one of us was into a fish after a very short battle I was slipping the net under a perfect small common its was only a small one but at this point very welcome after taking a few pictures and weighing the fish  it went 8lb it was slipped back into the water .
enjoying the corn
Less then 30 seconds and I was running back to my swim and striking into my first fish of the session again after a small battle my mate slipped the net under again a cracking creedy common a slight bit bigger then the one he had less then 10 minutes ago we took a couple snaps and it weighed 11lb 3oz and with 2 fish in 15 mins we thought they would be on the much at last as it had just got dark. I re-baited both rod and cast them back on the spots one to the left and the other on the spot I had just landed the fish from after another 15mins I had a screaming run but some how managed to lose the fish within a few seconds of lifting into it I felt it shake its head twice and it was off I was gutted but the rod was back on the spot fishing as soon as I could nothing else happened this evening on creedy both may self and my mate had liners but nothing came of them and at 10:30 we decided to call it a day as you have to be off the water by 11:00pm and out the car park soon after .


creedy lakes devon
I would just like to say thanks to Ian at cv tackle and bait for the cracking bait in which the carp cant resist and mark at subzonal tackle for the cracking hook that are sharper then the sharpest cheers guys and David cawsey for posting these blogs on the right sites and keeping the readers reading cheers guys and most of all thanks to the readers thanks and if you on the bank be safe and tight lines .cheers

Lee





No comments:

Post a Comment